Many of my blogger friends ask me to write a post about how I am doing on-page optimization for my posts. These days on-page optimization is difficult task for some bloggers. But to be very honest it is not too much difficult.
WordPress users can use a plenty of SEO plugins to optimize their blog posts. And there are also many plugins available for on-page optimization. In this post I will suggest you some plugins to use for on-page optimization. And also I will tell you basics of on-page optimization.
On-Page Optimization Checklist
There are a number of elements of on-page optimization for blog posts. You will not ignore any single aspect to get maximum results.
Most essential part of on-page optimization is keyword. Keyword is a word which a person, search on a search engine. After choosing keyword, one should use keyword randomly throughout the post. I recommend keyword should be minimum of 2% and maximum of 6%.
How to Use Keyword in Post for on-page optimization
You should use keyword randomly throughout the post. But you must follow these guidelines to use keyword in post.
- You must include your keyword in heading of your post (H1). And iIt is a plus point if you use your keyword at start of your title. And title should not more than 40 to 70 characters (recommended)
- Keyword should include in link of post.
- You should include keyword in H2 and H3 headings.
- Meta description should also have keyword inside.
- Keyword should use in alt tag of image of post.
- Highlight your keyword by doing bold italic and underline (at least one time each)
- Type your keyword in first sentence of your blog post.
- Type your keyword at least one time in last 100 words.
- Write a post minimum of 300 words.
Pro-bloggers engage their visitors and readers by giving internal links in their post. It is best strategy to engage your readers. And giving internal links is one of important part of on-page optimization. So how we can give internal links?
Example # 1
See Also: Single Page Search Engine Optimization
Example # 2
I recommend you to read my SEO related articles.
It is also a good practice to include external links in your blog post. But many of bloggers did not like to give external links. Although it is a part of on-page optimization.
Download WordPress SEO Plugin for on-page optimization
Use of Image
Your post should include an image. Image in post have many benefits along with on-page optimization. And as I suggest before your image should have a keyword written in alt tag.
I have listed most important elements required for on-page optimization. If I you want to add some more required elements then please share your ideas in comments.
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net